We are pleased to announce the ASMEA Travel Grant Program for interested Ph.D. students, post-Docs, and junior faculty studying any facet of these regions. Funds provided through this program may be used to cover expenses associated with attending the ASMEA Sixth Annual Conference to be held in Washington, D.C. on November 21 - 23, 2013.
As in years past, our conference will be an excellent opportunity for professors and students to present their research, hear from leading thinkers, and network in our nation's capital. Proposals to present new, unpublished research are being accepted now until May 30.You can submit a paper proposal here.
The deadline has passed for submitting Travel Grant applications. Please contact
Rules of Eligibility:
- Applicants must be engaged in ongoing study of the Middle East or Africa and enrolled in a Ph.D. program (preferably with M.A. complete), or serve in a post-doc capacity, or serve as a visiting/adjunct/assistant professor teaching a minimum of two courses per semester.
- Each grant may be used to cover hotel, conference registration, transportation, and related costs.
- Applications must be accompanied by a paper proposal for the conference. Paper proposals must be relevant to ASMEA’s regions of study and represent new and un-published research. Students may submit research poster proposals.
- Professors/post-docs must submit a brief letter of reference from their department chair. Students must submit proof of enrollment.
- Applicants must be members of ASMEA at the time the award is made.
- Full grants are awarded to winners residing outside of the Washington, D.C. metro area. Others are eligible to receive a partial grant.
- Deadline for submissions was May 3.
For questions or more information, contact
View the flyer here.